Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Christmas Cards


I thought I'd post some of the Christmas cards I made this year, if only so I can look back next year and see what I've already sent out.  I've been known to send the same card to the same person more than once.  Oops.   I made one or two of some of these cards and mass produced a couple others.  I think this is the earliest I have finished my Christmas cards - I'm usually very last minute, but somehow I managed to start early this year.

This one is an easel card, made with my Cricut using the Create a Critter cartridge.



I found this card on Pinterest and pretty much copied it.  I used my Cricut for the cuts and the D'vine Swirls embossing folder for Santa's beard.


I used the Stampin' Up Cozy Christmas stamp set for this card.  After I took the picture I decided to change it some by trimming it down a tiny bit and mounting it to a white card base.  The navy cardstock I used made a fine mat but not a very good card base.  I used Tim Holtz distress ink to do the sky background.





This is a card for one of the young nieces and nephews.  The reindeer is cut from the Create a Critter cartridge and the mat comes from Elegant Edges.





This card uses a stamp from Stampin' Desert Divas' Holiday Word Art stamp set.  It's stamped with black ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder to make it nice and shiny.




I love this cute little snowman from the Cricut Doodlecharms cartridge, and I made several different cards using this cut.  I used the Hero Arts Tiny Stars background stamp (stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder), the snow was cut using a die from the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Slopes and Hills set, and the sentiment is from the CardzTV "Very Merry" stamp set.

 




I used the same Tiny Stars background and a different die from the Stitched Slopes and Hills set on this card.  The adorable reindeer are from the Mama Elephant Reindeer Games set, and the sentiment is from the Avery Elle "Merriest" stamp set.  After fussy cutting dozens of reindeer, I think I'm going to spring for the coordinating dies that go with the Reindeer Games stamps.  Better late than never.






Here's another card using the Holiday Word Art stamp set.  I used the Simon Says Stamp diagonal background stamp for the red and white background and for the the holly leaves I used an old stamp from Michaels that I got over a decade ago and colored it with Copic markers.






I made an assortment of cards in different colors using Stampin' Up's Snow Swirled stamp set.  This one was stamped using VersaMark ink and embossed with gold embossing powder.  The striped piece was stamped with the Simon Says Stamp diagonal stripe background stamp.  I didn't have any gold ribbon handy, so I stamped a whole page of gold diagonal stripes and then cut it into strips to use on multiple cards.  I also used a snowflake embossing folder for the background.





Here are a couple more cards using the Cricut Doodlecharms snowman on the Tiny Stars background.  The one on the left was stamped with VersaMark ink onto white cardstock, embossed with a holographic embossing powder and then inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink; the other background is blue cardstock with white embossing powder.  The sentiment is from the CardzTV "Christmas Joy" stamp set.



No comments:

Post a Comment